Mostly first draft poetry. Older poems that have been edited will also be posted and should have the dates written included on them. Comments welcome.

Saturday, May 22, 2004

Pslams

I.

Shatter me
O God, loosen
from my mouth
the Word
You know the Form
my reckoning
of things to come,

(an echo
of Your breath breathed
into this naked corpse
given me).

Rattle me
O God, lest I forget
what was
whispered
in that room
of my deliverance
and my bones ossify
with contentment
and indifference.


II.

Reveille,
Father, is heard
in these lucid moments
when Darkness shows
the Light in despair
and Nothing intrudes
with the vastness
of You.


III.

This third eye
of seeing tomorrow
as yesterday
and today
- the shadow
between the two-
opens
to the Beyond within
and finds You
waiting, not waiting
knowing
in and through time

I will arrive.

mjsalovaara
Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Written back in the summer of 2000.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?