Links
Archives
Mostly first draft poetry. Older poems that have been edited will also be posted and should have the dates written included on them. Comments welcome.
Saturday, July 24, 2004
Work In Progress (Part 6)
It was in Jumalan Kukkaro* my self discovered
my other self taking its primordial form
a mere echo in ageless vibration
whispering about a river just beyond beyond
On a day where time slows to endless
The trees silent and dressed in pre-autumn green
Insects in an unceasing buzz, whine, chirp & creak
Where tomorrow appears a perpetual today
The Sisyphean rock reaching its apogee
The final movement to define tomorrow's struggle
Futility blooming in its deceit
The complete silence beckoning
Standing on this summit
Looking down on everything that defined me
How the insult of living offered no reward
And utterly boring the alternative
In this purgatory of adolescent ardour
My other self found its voice reaching
From beyond the bounds of sanity
It was here I finally heard the whisper
I did the only thing that made any sense,
Even now there is no regret
Even though I have yet to reach that river,
I let that rock go.
my other self taking its primordial form
a mere echo in ageless vibration
whispering about a river just beyond beyond
On a day where time slows to endless
The trees silent and dressed in pre-autumn green
Insects in an unceasing buzz, whine, chirp & creak
Where tomorrow appears a perpetual today
The Sisyphean rock reaching its apogee
The final movement to define tomorrow's struggle
Futility blooming in its deceit
The complete silence beckoning
Standing on this summit
Looking down on everything that defined me
How the insult of living offered no reward
And utterly boring the alternative
In this purgatory of adolescent ardour
My other self found its voice reaching
From beyond the bounds of sanity
It was here I finally heard the whisper
I did the only thing that made any sense,
Even now there is no regret
Even though I have yet to reach that river,
I let that rock go.
Comments:
<< Home
good stuff and continuing. i know there is a reply in this one, but I can't hear the punctuation yet. when it rings, you'll hear the echo. something about tuning the river by slightly shifting the stones.
Post a Comment
<< Home
