Mostly first draft poetry. Older poems that have been edited will also be posted and should have the dates written included on them. Comments welcome.

Friday, July 23, 2004

Work In Progress (Part 5)

Listening, I sometimes imagine I hear
Out there just beyond the cusp of sanity
the river of voices Siddhartha once stood in
a choral murmuring of the was, is and will be

It was orchestrated by the wind coming in
From the west through Jumalan Kukkaro*
With the maples rustling and knocking branches
and the two-toned green poplars as glassy chimes

How many hours did I stand there listening?
How many more since I left has the wind continued
to ride the range of reason, laughing
telling me I can not always believe what I hear

Still, I am left to sift through my ignorance
gazing, unsure whether what remains is gold or dross
The river flows through my hair, a grandmother's hand
and waits patiently for my final answer.

* Finnish for God's Purse or a heavenly place
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?