Mostly first draft poetry. Older poems that have been edited will also be posted and should have the dates written included on them. Comments welcome.

Sunday, July 11, 2004

Work In Progress (Part 3)

a night worse than whiskey visited our unmarked home
a rebuke beyond belief sounded out the night
The shadow of grief battling the denial of guilt
That the sins of the father would ever visit this way

a cowardly flight from the woman in distress
a red, red mess shining its silent light
a hollow loneliness whistled until morning
the sunrise shone no light on my soulless despair

what happened to her? the doctors could tell you better
My drowning man performance left her abandoned
Her tears washed nothing on me I was so strong
Damned damn fool negotiating her surrender

Every May she visits her loss asking me to join
I growl and do what I know best and turn my back
Still negotiating, I position my glass and pen
Still refusing all guilt, still learning nothing
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?