Links
Archives
Mostly first draft poetry. Older poems that have been edited will also be posted and should have the dates written included on them. Comments welcome.
Thursday, July 22, 2004
Hungry
With the cicadas in full voice,
I stood beneath the shade
of a tree at Nakamozu Elementary School
waiting for Maria, I felt the breeze
blowing in a memory
of standing under the maples
in Machar Township
of being whelmed by the silky
coolness of the wind
and its endless "shhhhhhhhh..."
undulating rythmic & wise.
In that moment
I felt ageless
and so infinately small
a grain of being
wind worn
unable to do anything
about the erosion
so graceful
that moment of waiting
On the way home
from Nakamozu Elementary School
walking hand in hand
Maria said, "I'm hungry" three times...
I stood beneath the shade
of a tree at Nakamozu Elementary School
waiting for Maria, I felt the breeze
blowing in a memory
of standing under the maples
in Machar Township
of being whelmed by the silky
coolness of the wind
and its endless "shhhhhhhhh..."
undulating rythmic & wise.
In that moment
I felt ageless
and so infinately small
a grain of being
wind worn
unable to do anything
about the erosion
so graceful
that moment of waiting
On the way home
from Nakamozu Elementary School
walking hand in hand
Maria said, "I'm hungry" three times...