Links
Archives
Mostly first draft poetry. Older poems that have been edited will also be posted and should have the dates written included on them. Comments welcome.
Thursday, May 27, 2004
Entropy
Entropy
The laws of entropy
are immutable
and when I hear
of your plans
designed with a perfect
schema of where
each ought is placed
I’m looking for the door
with a purposelessness
so perfect
only children
and other revolutionaries
can find it.
When I run in slow motion
over the threshold I look
back at you throwing up
red flags left, right
and centre and everywhere
in between the perfections separating us
in our beliefs
in the laws of nature.
Once crossed
the flags shape
themselves into a monument
marking this moment
of perfection
of you standing firm
of me looking for exits.
In the years that we
have been exercising
this perfection
the monuments
have been squeezing
me of running room
and you of standing
so much so
I can feel
your fear
as you taste
my passion.
As I take
in this moment
your threats stand
over my left shoulder
as I cross another threshold
and there I find you
without monuments
tossing red flags.
mjsalovaara
Nov. 2, 2000
The laws of entropy
are immutable
and when I hear
of your plans
designed with a perfect
schema of where
each ought is placed
I’m looking for the door
with a purposelessness
so perfect
only children
and other revolutionaries
can find it.
When I run in slow motion
over the threshold I look
back at you throwing up
red flags left, right
and centre and everywhere
in between the perfections separating us
in our beliefs
in the laws of nature.
Once crossed
the flags shape
themselves into a monument
marking this moment
of perfection
of you standing firm
of me looking for exits.
In the years that we
have been exercising
this perfection
the monuments
have been squeezing
me of running room
and you of standing
so much so
I can feel
your fear
as you taste
my passion.
As I take
in this moment
your threats stand
over my left shoulder
as I cross another threshold
and there I find you
without monuments
tossing red flags.
mjsalovaara
Nov. 2, 2000